Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Strength in Weakness

"My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness" I will rather boast most gladly of my weakness, in order that the power of Christ may dwell within me. Therefore, I am content with weakness, insults, hard ships, persecutions and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
-2 Corinthians 7-10

Why is it when you are already contented and somehow complacent, God suddenly rocks you and brings you back from that state of euphoria to reality?

We become content when we are comfortable in our "Comfort Zones" and even if life is so toxic and so busy, as long as we are inside our comfort zones nothing really matters. In these comfort zones we lose our true self, we just adapt to what is easy and what makes us happy. parang fastfood, "quick fix"... bakit kaya? dahil ba sobrang takot tayo harapin ang katotohanan or ayaw nating mahirapan?

I think i hide inside my comfort zones because i'm afraid to be weak. I'm afraid that the world will see my weaknesses and persecute me for it. One of my favorite, is hiding behind my masks and the others i can not mention here. Going back to my first statement, yes I was happy and thinking everything was fine because all the parts of my life are in check, pero hindi pala, facade lang pala yun. I was too comfortable in my comfort zone that i didn't notice that some parts of my life were already crumbling. I wouldn't have noticed it until the situation punched me in the face and almost knocked me out, well right now i don't know for sure if that killer punch would put me down for good.

Maybe what happened was just part of the bigger picture? what if God is teaching me to be humble and come back to Him because I have dwelled away from him for a long time now. I've relied to much on myself and now I'm suffering its consequences. I've conquered a lot of challenges before, but this one is different maybe because i know that this would be a great part of my future. I am a scarred warrior who was wounded again maybe because I already forgot the feeling of being weak, humble, timid and meek. I think i forgot to surrender my will to my Lord; I forgot because I thought that I was already in-control of my life and all i needed is myself and my love ones.

I just realized... to be truly strong, you must completely admit your weaknesses... Maybe I needed this jolt to put me back to reality and remind me of my true purpose.
I don't know how i'll do it, but I guess I 'll start by surrendering my weaknesses and hopefully in time he will fill me with strength.

I surrender all I am

Lay my heart within Your hands

Knowing in my weakness

You are strong


As I face this debacle, I surrender my weaknesses and gather strength from you. to grow with you and hopefully be on the right track again. I don't want to be consumed by my weaknesses...

Amen.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you, Japes :) - Jowee

December 27, 2007 at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home