Sunday, February 8, 2009

I lost my vitamins

For those people who don't know, I have this hardbound book that I have been reading since I was 3rd year high school as a replacement to the one that got lost. BTW, if you don't know, I don't like reading that much especially whole books, i just like to read articles and such...

Anyway, This book has been very helpful to me and has lifted me countless times and also taught me a thing or two! If you still don't know, I lost my bible about two weeks ago in San Carlos Seminary! boo! It is so hassle because so many notes and highlighted verses for different uses like daily reflection, shepherding and sharing stuff. ARGH! It has been my vitamins for many years and it has sustained me well even in the driest and sickliest moments of my spiritual life. Its really funny because now I know how important that book is to me, you see I lost my suunto about two months ago and of course I felt really bad about it... now i just lost a 500pesos book and I felt that my life would crumble because I don't know where I could lean on especially in dark moments.

It's a good thing though that there's companion and while using this easy to use bible it occurred to me that maybe I need to let go of my old one and should get a new one because like broken that we are we need to let go of the things that we are comfortable with.... that's why I think I need to start with a new one and most probably this would help me because I'll have to explore again and be wowed again with the new markless pages. Sabi nga, Tabula rasa! ;)

I'm shopping for a new bible, do you have any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home